The new concept of Sequences in Dynamics 365 Sales Insights help sales managers enforce best practices by introducing a set of consecutive activities for sellers to follow during the course of their day.
A manager can connect sequences to leads and opportunities that appear in a seller’s work queue, to help sellers prioritize activities to focus on selling, be more productive, and better align to business processes.
As a sales manager, you can use the sequence designer to:
- Create and activate a sequence
- Connect a sequence to records
- View details of a sequence and its connected records
- (and more)
Create and activate a sequence
When you create a sequence, you define the activities you want your sellers to perform—and the order to perform them in—as they handle leads and opportunities. This lets sellers concentrate on selling and gives them a better understanding of what to do next (follow your sales process).
Below is shown a sequence of four activities
- Send an email to a prospect met at a tradeshow, including easy access to the approved email template for “Lead Reply – Trade Show Visit”
- Wait time (Specifies the interval between activities—that is, after an activity is completed and before the next activity occurs—during which sellers need to wait)
- Phone Call (connect and attempt to book meeting)
- Task – Book Meeting
Connect a sequence to a record
After you create and activate the sequence for the selling process, you connect the sequence to records depending on the entity that you’ve created the sequence for.
When a sequence is connected to an entity (e.g. a lead you captured at a trade show), the activities defined in the sequence will be shown in order on the record’s Summary under Up next in My work.
I hope you will enjoy this new addition to the great Dynamics 365 Sales Insights.
To learn more please see