Did you ever wish to perform all these operations in Microsoft Dynamics CRM using PowerShell:
- Create, retrieve, update, and delete records in CRM
- Manage CRM security by adding/managing users, teams, and their roles
- Import and export CRM solutions
- Manage user and system settings
While some of it was possible earlier using the official CRM PowerShell cmdlets, it required using multiple PowerShell snap-ins.
Introducing Microsoft.Xrm.Data.PowerShell module for CRM, which provides you a single PowerShell module with over 60 PowerShell functions to perform data operations in CRM and manipulate user and system settings. The module is built using the Microsoft.Xrm.Tooling.CrmConnector.PowerShell snap-in, and the two XRM Tooling PowerShell cmdlets (Get-CrmOrganizations and Get-CrmConnection) are also part of this module.
The Microsoft.Xrm.Data.PowerShell module for CRM works with CRM online and CRM 2013 and later (on-premises). To use this module, you require PowerShell 4.0 or later.
After you have downloaded and imported the Microsoft.Xrm.Data.PowerShell module on your computer:
- Use the following command to display a list of functions available in the module:
- The PowerShell functions in the module come with in-built help to enable you to use these functions effectively. Use the following command to get detailed help on a function (say Import-CrmSolution):
Get-Help Import-CrmSolution -Detailed
For detailed information about the module, and how to import and use it, see Microsoft.Xrm.Data.PowerShell module for CRM.